Fever and Flu Drive-Thru Testing at Madison Medical Associates
Welcome to Madison Medical Associates Fever & Flu Clinic. We know that the ongoing flu season and COVID-19 outbreak have been concerning and disruptive to you and your family. This clinic was established to provide a centralized screening center for those with mild to moderate upper respiratory illnesses. We are equipped to evaluate adults.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, we encourage you to call 911 or go to the nearest ER.
Here’s what you need to know about how our screening site operates:
- You will be asked to wait in your car. The phone number you gave upon arrival will be used to contact you. Please remain on site.
- This is not a full-service site. It is aimed at providing safe, guideline-based evaluations and screening for those with respiratory symptoms. Chronic medical problems or other acute > complaints need to be addressed by your primary care provider.
- Your evaluation will include a flu test. A strep test if symptomatic. The decision to test for COVID-19 is based on internal protocols. It is not by request.
- If you are tested for COVID-19, results may take several days to come back. You will be notified of the results by phone. You must self-quarantine until you receive the test results. Positive results will be reported to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you need to self-quarantine per CDC/Alabama Department of Public Health protocols. Your household family members/other close contacts do not necessarily need to be tested but should also self-quarantine.
- No prescriptions or refills for controlled substances will be given.
- Any medications prescribed will be e-scribed to your pharmacy listed on your registration papers.
- You may be referred to the emergency room if your symptoms are beyond the treatment capability of this facility.
If you are experiencing severe symptoms and are currently on chemotherapy, home oxygen or have other chronic medical issues, contact your primary care physician or go to the ER.
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
- Friday: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Adults who exhibit a broad range of upper respiratory illnesses, including influenza, sore throat, strep throat, fevers or potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Patients will only be tested for COVID -19 if indicated by their exam.
- Preliminary registration information will be conducted while the patient remains in the car.
- Patients will wait in their car until they are contacted by the physician or by cell phone.
- Drive-thru for evaluation and swab collection.
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card
We will verify your insurance and check your eligibility. We will collect your co-pay/deductibles at time of service. We will not accept checks. We accept cash, credit/debit cards.
As always, any person with a medical emergency such as shortness of breath or respiratory distress should call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
For more information on the Drive-Thru Testing stations, including tips on flu and fever prevention, please call us at (256) 325-1160.